The aim of this guidance is to set standards which will safeguard the health and safety of any person working at or visiting an event or exhibition.
- They should be used to guide organiserís staff, venue staff, contractors and exhibitors with regards to the MINIMUM acceptable safety standards in any country whilst recognising that many countries may have higher standards which will take precedence.
- They are widely applicable to events but have been written specifically with exhibitions in mind.
- The guidelines cover the main areas of risk.
- Advice should be sought on areas not covered by these guidelines.
- Where it is not possible for these standards to be achieved, the Event Director or equivalent must use their judgement to set a suitable attainable standard.
Download a PDF copy of the Guide to Global Standards of Health and Safety at Exhibitions.
The Guide is currently available in
- Brazilian (Portugese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)